Gone far away into the silent land
去到遥远的地方一片寂静;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
那时你再不能把我的手拉紧,
Nor I half turn to go, yet turning stay.
我也不能转身要走却又迟疑记着我吧,当你再不能天天
Remember me when no more day by day
记着我吧,当你再不能天天
You tell me of our future that you planned
告诉我你为咱俩设计的未来;
Only remember me; you understand
只要你还记着我;你也明白
It will be late to counsel then or pray
那时商量或祈祷都为时已晚。
Yet if you should forget me for a while
但你若想要暂时将我忘掉,
And afterwards remember, do not grieve;
然后再把我记起,也不必忧伤;
For if the darkness and corruption leave
因为在那黑暗和腐朽之乡,
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
若尚能留下些许我过去的思绪,
Better by far you should forget and smile
我但愿你能将我忘记而微笑,
Than that you should remember and be sad.
也远远胜似你伤心地把我记起。